For the past few years in my head I’ve played this game. Whenever I’m watching a movie and one of the actors has worked with Will Ferrell before or has a connection in some way. This may not make any sense but its a really fun game. I’ve complied two six degrees to Will Ferrell with two of Hollywoods most beloved actresses: Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. I’ve used IMDB to help me out and my results were incredible. This would also make a great drinking game. Not sure how but it would. Anyways, lets get on with the game.
Marilyn Monroe-Will Ferrell
Marilyn Monroe was in Some like it hot with Tony Curtis. Tony Curtis has a daughter Jamie Lee Curtis plays Zooey Deschannels mom on New Girl. Zooey was in Elf with Will Ferrell.
Audrey Hepburn-Will Ferrell
Audrey Hepburn starred in Breakfast at Tiffany’s with Mickey Rooney. Mickey Rooney was in Night at the museum with Ben Stiller. Again Ben Stiller starred in Zoolander with Will Ferrell.
Now let’s move on to his connections with two of my favorite leading men.
Colin Firth-Will Ferrell
Colin Firth was in Bridget Jone’s Diary with Jim Broadbent. Jim Broadbent was in Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman. Nicole Kidman starred in Bewitched with Will Ferrell.
Tom Hanks-Will Ferrell
Tom Hanks starred in Saving Private Ryan with Paul Giamatti. Paul Giamatti was in the illusionist with Jessica Biel. Jessica Biel was in I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry with Dan Aykroyd. Dan Aykroyd was in Tammy with Toni Collette who was in About a boy with Hugh Grant. Hugh Grant was in Bridget Jones’s Diary with Jim Broadbent. Jim Broadbent was in Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman who was in Bewitched with Will Ferrell.
That’s one connection. The other one is that Tom Hanks was in You’ve got mail with Chris Messina from The Mindy Project. Chris Messina works with Mindy Kaling who was on The Office with Will Ferrell.
Lately, I have been listening to a lot of Britney Spears’s music. Her new music now is okay but its the older songs that I love working out to. So I decided to make a list of some of my favorite Britney songs. Enjoy!
- Baby one more time-classic Britney! When I was younger I would daydream of wearing a catholic schoolgirl uniform and walking down the hallways dancing to that song.
- Break the ice-something about this song is just too good. It reminds me of early EDM music. Again another great song to dance to.
- (I got that) Boom Boom-this song is from In the zone and while that album wasn’t my favorite Britney album I really liked this song. It’s also a great song to run to.
- Opps I did it again-Because of course it has to be on the list.
- (You drive me) Crazy (the stop remix)-This song makes me think of all the silly crushes I’ve had on boys and also endless hours singing this song in my room.
- Sometimes-When I first saw Britney during the dream within a dream tour she did a mashup of sometimes,lucky, and born to make you happy. I loved everything about that mashup. It was amazing and she wore a tutu and danced like a ballerina. When she didn’t perform sometimes or those other two songs on the next tour I was very upset. Now I’m not sure if she is performing those songs in Vegas but if anyone does know please tell me. I will go see the show!
- Not a girl not yet a woman-another great Britney song. One of my favorite ballads that she sings.
There are so much more Britney songs that I love but that list would be very long. So I am leaving it here. Hope you liked it.
If you know me at all thus far from reading these blogs, you know that I LOVE everything that is Parks and Recreation. Earlier this year, I read Amy Poehler’s book Yes Please and there was a chapter called Lets Build A Park. Little did I know that Amy Poehler would convince to watch Parks and Recreation on Hulu. I never got the chance to watch the show when it was on the air for what reason I’m not sure but I’m so happy that I got a chance now. Leslie Knope is someone that I admire and strive to be every day minus the binders and scrapbooks. Although, it shows great organization. But enough of that, I have watched all the seasons except for season seven. I am planning on watching it tonight…I just don’t want it to end. These people have become my friends. Well in my head. Anyways, I don’t want to say goodbye to Leslie, Ann, Ben, Chris, Ron, Tom, April, Andy, Donna, and Jerry. But I know that once I finish the season I will still see them around. Aziz has a show on netflix called Master of none that looks really good. So I’ll be watching that for sure and it may not the same as being in Pawnee, Indiana but I know that I get to see Aziz. So tonight I will be watching season seven of Parks and Recreation and live tweeting. If you would like to follow along, follow me on twitter @amycat728. Also I apologize for the tweets about Aziz Ansari. Not really.
Fun fact: the picture above was the actual picture Amy used at the beginning of the chapter.
As you can imagine by the title, it is that time of the month. And for me when it is the PMS is real. I want to kill everyone that pisses me off and it ain’t pretty. So I decided that I would make a playlist for when you’re in the worst mood and the cramps are awful and all you wanna do is kick something. Enjoy!
the trailer song-kacey musgraves
gunpowder and lead-miranda lambert
sweet as whole-sara bareilles
f**k you-cee lo
bad blood-taylor swift
beez in the trap-nicki minaj
survivor- destiny’s child
hot n cold-katy perry
So there you have it. A few songs to get you through the worst five days. If you’re suffering like me now just know that everything is going to be okay. And if you feel like you wanna kill someone just get some chocolate or a glass of wine (if you’re of age).
Follow me~ twitter @amycat728 instagram @amycatherines
So over the weekend, I made an inspiration board of people I look up to, quotes I love, and goals. I had so much fun making it that I thought I would break it down for you. Sorry, that sounded weird. Anyways, here is why I choose each person and or quote for my board.
- Mindy Kaling-she’s hilarious, smart and someone who can do confidence better than me. I put her on my board to always remind me to be funny and confidence and to never be afraid.
- Sarah Jessica Parker-well its Carrie Bradshaw but still. She’s a fashion icon and also someone who is smart and not afraid. You see a theme here right?! Strong women.
- Me and my best friend Caroline- We may not talk as much anymore but when we do its like we picked up right where we left off. A friendship like that is something that it worth having and sticking with.
- Beyonce-Because she had to be on there. Also she looks amazing in that swim suit so the picture inspires me to go work out everyday!
- Taylor Swift-Words can describe how much I love her! She has been in my life for a very long time and in my head we are best friends! She is someone who I can go to for anything, and her music has always been there for me.
- Aziz Ansari-I read Amy Poheler’s book Yes Please eariler this year and she convinced me to watch Parks and Recreation. I love that show! And along the way I fell in love with Tom Haverford and Aziz of course. Aziz is pretty much everything I want in a boyfriend. He’s hilarious, smart, charismatic and just all around amazing. I’ve watched his comedy specials on netflix and I could not stop laughing. Also, I love how he made a Ja Rule reference. Amazing.
- Michael Buckley- I have known Michael for about eight years now. Well I’ve been watching him on youtube for eight years but you get the point. I look up to him for so many reasons. He has taught me that its okay to still be a work in progress even at his age. When I first met Michael in person in November of 2015, it was like we were kindred spirits or something. We were meant to meet each other and be friends. I could’ve talked to him forever over drinks. I wish we did by the way. Michael has always been someone whom I feel I can talk about anything to. He’s sort of a big part of why I decided to make this inspiration board. Something to keep me motivated and to look at everyone on that board and know that I can be just like them.
- Fault in our stars quote- I love everything John Green. That quote from the fault in our stars is everything that I want and believe about love. So simple and beautiful.
- Almost famous quote:”write what you want”: When I was writing my college essay I decided to have that quote as the opening. Something about that quote just spoke volumes to me. It says that I don’t care what you think just write anything. Write the truth whatever. Just a powerful statement.
- Taylor Swift song lyric “this love is ours”: I love the song “ours” by Taylor Swift a whole lot. So I thought I would put it in the board because I love that song and I love how it says that people will not like but whatever this love is ours. No one elses.
- Ten things I hate about you poem: Probably one of my favorite scenes in the movie! The poem has so much heart and emotion. Cat hated pretty much everyone and everything but than this guy came along and changed all that. Here she is telling him that she doesn’t hate him in the end. Love it.
Everything else on my board is a magazine cutout or something personal. Something to keep me going. I hope you enjoyed this. See you next Monday!
Follow me~ twitter:@amycat728 instagram;@amycatherines
Ever since I was 16 years old, I have loved to write. I would sit in my literature class writing in my journal about the latest teenage angst happenings. I wonder where that journal is now…probably somewhere deep in my closet. Whenever I wrote in the journal it was like a weight was being lifted off of my shoulders, once the words were on the page, my feelings were out in the open. I would feel better afterwards. Lately though, I have put writing aside. Every so often I would start writing and then the next just give up or forget to write.
So I decided to start up again. And this time have a routine, a proper schedule. I will be posting every Monday. Just to start off slow and than see where it goes. Maybe I’ll start posting three time a week. But I will definitely be posting whenever inspiration strikes which I think is the best. Like right now. Just writing this letter to you. The reader. If I have anyone that’s reading this right now. If you are, thanks. And if you’re name is Aziz Ansari jskdhfjkdhjdskhfds I love you you’re amazing. Thanks for reading this. But you’re probably not and thats okay.
I hope you get something out of this blog. I know I will.